Monday, June 7, 2010

Basia's Gift

A young girl walking uptown approached me while I was packing away the dog house in my car. She told me she liked the design and asked if I could reproduce it on a smaller scale for her sister. I agreed. So, here is my progress...



It is very different from what I am used to doing. Sure, I LOVE to do crafty stuff! I just don't think I'm very good at it. I tend to be sloppy, believe it or not, and I get frustrated very easily. I ran into a few problems already with this piece. I did not like how it originally looked without the glitter. And then once I glittered it, I hated it even more! The caulk I bought was sticky and everywhere. The glitter not only stuck to the glue I meticulously painted around the beads, but to the black canvas i had yet to paint. So...I had no choice but to just paint right over the rouge glitter.


STEP 1: attach beads




STEP 2: glitter



STEP 3: paint

No comments:

Post a Comment