Friday, December 3, 2010

UTNE Editorial Illustration



This is a mock illustration for UTNE Magazine entitled, "The Dangers of Dairies."I based this concept on the idea of fusion; I wanted the interviewee, Gustavo, to fuse into the cow. According to the article, he was kicked by a cow and was deeply injured. Because he is an immigrant, he could not afford the best medical attention, and now the plate that the doctor secured in his skull is slipping. He experiences constant agony and is marred by the damage left by the cow. He says if he was legal, he would never spend another hour in the dairy.

I have had many challenges with this piece, (which is currently still incomplete) but am working them out as I go. I do prefer the black and white version best so I will continue to work with that copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment